Dealing with Pulse Browser
So, I would think you would get past the graphic that I'm not very fond of; a lot of folks in a lot of professions since they couldn't care less about us and only want what they really didn't earn, and that is our money. (The poster there was my first real attempt at using Canva, and it turned out pretty good, I must say.)
So the story here is about getting rid of the latest hack trying to annoy us with false claims that our computers have a problem and to click on stuff like "SCAN NOW" or other stupid claims. AI wasn't much help, actually, because all the ideas they suggested didn't work simply because the hackers found workarounds.
My solution was to sign off in Task Manager and restart my Windows session, which only worked for a bit before the junk showed up again. And then I checked the hidden icon on your taskbar, which is just this character (<) pointing upwards. There it was, the little devil looking so innocent as Pulse Browser, so I chose exit and things got better.
But the next time I logged on to my computer, the same stuff started all over again. But this time I went to install/uninstall programs in the Control Panel menu (Apps also works in Settings) and ran uninstall on the little bugger. So far, they aren't showing up anymore.
I have to wonder if this isn't a plan by Bill Gates' boys in Microsoft trying to get Edge and Bing used more than Chrome and Google Search because this Pulse thing wants to take you there and make edge and bing your defaults. Go figure, eh?
I can add Bill Gates to my new poster (also T-shirt and other stuff in my new business: Ozzie the Old Guy Ltd., still a work in progress). Politician, CFO, and hacker already apply to him. I can't add @$$hole to the list because this is a family show, you know. (Doing some shirts and hats on a variation of that, too. Check out ozzietheoldguy.ca when it gets up and running, too. Maybe .com as well).
It's keeping me busy, but the little bugger Pulse Browser hasn't shown his ugly face around here lately.
Y'all have a wunnerful day, now!
(And 3 days later, it looks like it is gone for good. Proud of my detective work here. Hope this helped someone else deal with these bozo's. Now how do we get electrodes hooked up to their private parts and give them what they deserve?!)
(And 3 days later, it looks like it is gone for good. Proud of my detective work here. Hope this helped someone else deal with these bozo's. Now how do we get electrodes hooked up to their private parts and give them what they deserve?!)

Comments
Post a Comment