The Wortley Roadhouse Day 2

(If you are reading this and haven't read Wortley Roadhouse They had me at hello, I am suggesting it wouldn't be a bad idea because it puts this post more in context.)

So I got a cab to the nearest Freedom Mobile location to switch out the SIM card from my old phone to my new one to keep the same number. But since I am retired (also somewhat retarded, no offense to those with an intellectual disability), every day is a holiday. Still, today was actually a civic holiday, so the taxi cab driver and I both assumed it was closed (later I found out it wasn't, but it looked closed from a distance.

Lesson for Dumb@$$es #1-If you think the store might be closed, check the entry door first to see if it is actually locked; leave then, and not before you go to your next destination.

 So I said, fine, it's a holiday, and I could eat, so off we go to The Wortley Roadhouse, and the cab driver and I talk about relieving stress so that you could live to be 200. We arrive, and it takes my usual minute or two to get out of the cab because the freakin' rear doors and seat are not suitable for a bigger guy like me.

So I go inside and see the seat at the bar that I had yesterday is occupied, and I go all the way to the other side to chill out. Immediately upon my going to sit down (I'm still trying to figure out how to sit on their stools), Scotty the bartender on duty starts with, "What will you have today?" So today I want the usual starting cold glass of water, and I will take the personal-size beef nachos (which, turns out, could easily feed a couple out on the town), and Michelob Light once the food hits the bar. Scotty has a hearing impairment in one ear, and so we just started getting his attention by saying "Bean me up Scotty" in a louder voice. He was fine with it because "It pays the bills".

And then a whole myriad of folks start arriving, and we slowly and patiently get into various conversations. Dom and I, sitting to my left, start talking about all kinds of stuff, and both get quite wrapped up in it. Most importantly for me was the upcoming band the following weekend (R&B throughout and an upcoming music festival in August that takes over the streets in the neighbourhood), So we will see each other again at those events.

In walks Bieber (remember I don't use real names and it's not Justin Bieber either, although we are in his hometown) and he's toying with me to see how I react. I just flatly told him I don't like that, so just stop it and be honest about everything in your conversation in this part of the bar.

So, to make a long story short (I'm reaaaaaallly lousy at that), we ended up hugging after being there for around 4 hours, and I had maybe two more glasses of water because I'm trying to lose my spare tire. So Bieber and I figured that we're pretty close to being the same guy — writers, like people showing respect for others, yadayadayada. (Grammarly is having a hissy fit over this paragraph lol) And we traded email addresses.

So another new player comes in, and Evo is sharing why he drinks tequila and soda, how it helps his health issues, his time working at his landscaping business, why he needs to be outside, and how it is also physically demanding. He has a sharp memory and retains information very well, based on the number of times he told me, "You told me that, yes." 

So to shorten the story, (I'm tryin') we eventually all went our separate ways and vowed to see each other with genuine sincerity heard in all of our voices. Day well spent and further confirmation for Bieber and me that this is the place for us. It just feels right.

(Grammarly did a weekly analysis on my writing and gave me scores a lot of them in the high 80s. The only thing it thought could use improvement was me not finishing my sentences with a period, which was my most measured error-tracking number. Grammarly is just a dumb@$$. Clearly I wasn't finished. (Never am) (41 items Grammarly wants to change, which will probably end up being closer to 30 when done. It's my style, so bugger off, but thanks for correcting the bulk of my mistakes) (No period there lol)

Y’all have a wunerfull day, yahere.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Use Amazon

Customer Support Chat or Phone (Detail)