What Makes Wortley Village So Special

I have only been visiting this wonderful community for two weeks after living in London for something like 13 years, and I do remember driving around it a little when I was first looking for apartments in London. I just passed it off as a little too difficult with one-way streets here and there and lots of stop signs. Was that ever a mistake, other than I locked into a very good rate in another section of town just 2 miles from Wortley Village?

This is just a segment from AI on the village.

Wortley Village is the cultural and commercial heart of the historic "Old South" neighbourhood in London, Ontario. Located just south of downtown, it functions as a vibrant, highly walkable urban village known for its tree-lined streets, well-preserved Victorian architecture, and tight-knit community feel.

Walking into the neighbourhood from Wharncliffe south of the village, you are just beginning to see all the beautiful Victorian homes, all kinds of trees, lots of stop signs, cars driven by folks who let you cross before they go and lots and lots of dog walkers of some of the most friendly dogs you will ever meet, along with their owners if you greet their dog appropriately.

Once you get to Wortley Road and turn north, you begin to see the community developing to its fullest. Community herb garden boxes right next to the sidewalk for anyone to pick. Benches next to the school yard that anyone can use to rest because it is a reasonably long but mostly flat walk to the south end of the village here.

What did I learn about things in Wortley Village?

  • The dogs here have virtually unlimited pee-mails to read and might explain why they are so friendly.
  • The Wortley Roadhouse continues to amaze me as a neighbourhood pub. It remains my single choice for a lot of things, like live music, excellent food and beverages, great friendships in various states of development, writing ideas, business ideas and test marketing, and an all-around place to have fun.
  • Herbs do really well in poor soil and actually need very little to no added fertilizer, so I won't be leaving any as return payment for taking a few to add to my salad at TWR aka The Wortley Roadhouse.
  • I have to visit two stores for some health food and another for edibles to help with several things my body is telling me it could use some help with. They are Quartermaster Natural Foods and The Dime on Wortley.
  • Other things to do for me yet are to visit the local hardware store to check it out, get some little things like cup hooks and the like, browse the neighbourhood before settling in at TWR, and just talk to like a gazillion interesting-looking people. Sounds like a plan.
Y'all have a wunnerful day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Use Amazon

Customer Support Chat or Phone (Detail)